Tuesday 18 September 2012

The Book Report - Update #2 - Final Draft Approved!


Okay, so here on my second Book Report, I am pleased to announce that I have approved my final ePublisher draft and the book is now in the encoding and delivery stage from Book Baby.

Basically, Book Baby needs to process the final draft, encode it, request delivery, and then deliver the book to the sites that the book will eventually appear on.  This should take no more than 5 days I was told (on the site it says between 24 and 72 hours).  Apparently the process goes from 'encoding requested' to 'delivery requested' and then to 'delivered'.  After it is has been 'delivered' then we will have to wait the lead times I posted in 'The Book Report - Update #1' to see it online.  Amazon by far has the quickest lead time at 2 to 4 days.

I have also completed the audio reading of about 1/3 of the book for my eventual book on tape.  It is about 2 hrs long right now and I am planning on releasing the book on tape in 2 hour segments.  The first segment will be released at www.mikenajarian.bandcamp.com and will be released a few days after the book goes live on Amazon.  I have the recorded tracks but need to work with the volume of the tracks so that will take a bit of time as well.

So that's my update for now! Thanks for stopping by and I'm looking forward to the exciting things to come in the near future!

Mike

P.S. - Here are my current statuses for the book as of today:



iBookstoreEncoding Requested 09/14/2012
SonyDelivery Requested 09/14/2012
Amazon KindleEncoding Requested 09/18/2012
Barnes&NobleEncoding Requested 09/15/2012
KoboEncoding Requested 09/15/2012
Baker & TaylorEncoding Requested 09/15/2012
CopiaEncoding Requested 09/15/2012
Gardner'sEncoding Requested 09/14/2012

























 

No comments:

Post a Comment